Education Data Management System (EDMS)
A comprehensive education data management system was developed and deployed in district Sheikhupura under the pilot with the aim of promoting the use of the information system for evidence-based planning and monitoring in the education sector.
- Creation of a central repository for all education data from the target district
- Capacity building of staff to effectively utilize the EDMS for monitoring and planning
- Provision of accurate and timely data on performance of teachers and learning outcomes of students
- Correlating learning outcome data with missing facilities data for better planning and management
With the deployment of the project in District Sheikhupura, it is benefiting:
- 114 District Teacher Educators
- 4,800 Primary School Teachers
- 79,600 students (48% girls)
As the primary stakeholder, Directorate of Staff Development has endorsed and advocated province-wide adoption of the pilot. The DDCF is collaborating with the PITB and Chief Minister’s Road-map team to facilitate early adoption of this model to meet information needs of education policymakers.