Learn While You Teach
The pilot tested the use of videos and tablets, as well as innovative teaching techniques, by District Teacher Educators (DTEs) for training primary school teachers (PSTs) in Sahiwal, Bahawalnagar and Hafizabad. It is expected to improve the teachers’ subject knowledge, as well as teaching techniques.
- Use of technology to build on existing professional development models for primary school teachers (PSTs)
- Training district teacher educators (DTEs) responsible for capacity development of PSTs
- Development of high-quality courseware (20 videos and related booklets) for selected topics within the Grade 5 math and science syllabi
17,715 individuals benefited from the project including:
- 178 District Teacher Educators
- 1,537 Primary School Teachers
- 16,000 students
The Directorate of Staff Development is fully supportive of the idea as it fits well with the existing institutional structure for training of primary school teachers (PSTs).
- Society for Advancement of Education (SAHE)
- Institute for Development and Economic Alternatives (IDEAS)